July 4, 2008

Friday Favorites ~ Huggies Sun Sensors

It was just a few months ago I was complaining about the snow and cold weather, but this heat is almost unbearable at times. Today’s High 102 °! Yard work is done in the evening, after the sun begins to set. I leave my blinds shut for almost the entire day, with the rare exception of the hour or so the sun has moved across the sky, leaving one side of my house in the shade. My neighbors must think I’m a recluse. Ronnie works in this heat everyday, so I should probably quit complaining, as I sit here in my 70° office.

Anywho, went on a little tangent there, sorry.

My point is that it’s too hot for the kids to play outside unless they are playing in water. That creates a whole new problem; being the reflection on the water only intensifies the dangerous rays from the sun. My kids are both fairly pale, especially Sophia. I worry about not reapplying sunscreen on them as frequent as I should. I could set a timer or wear a watch I suppose, but being on a schedule like that kind of takes the fun out of playing.



I’ve found a solution. Huggies has a product that indicates when sunscreen should be reapplied. They are these cute little stickers that start out a light shade of yellow/orange and get darker as they are exposed to the sun’s harmful rays. So with a quick look you’ll be reminded it’s time to reapply sunscreen or get out of the sun. I usually try to stick these on the kid’s shoulders; I’ve decided that’s the most convenient place. The kids even watch them, and on the rare occasion they see it dark before I do, they come tell me to put more sunscreen on them and of course a new sticker.

No comments: