September 18, 2009

Better Together

Every couple has that one song that they choose when they get married, I've always thought of it as a "theme song" to your life together. Our song was and is Amazed by Lonestar, it's a wonderful song about being so in love and wanting it to last forever. I can't remember exactly how it became our song, but I'm thinking it had something to do with Ronnie singing it to me.

"Every time our eyes meet
This feeling inside me
Is almost more than I can take
Baby when you touch me
I can feel how much you love me
And it just blows me away...
...Baby I'm amazed by you"

While we were on in Maui, on our dinner cruise, there was a singer who was taking requests and such. Well, Ronnie snuck away on the pretense of finding the restroom. A few minutes after he returned, there was a birthday wish from Ronnie to Brandy (not really my birthday, we have no idea where that came from), he proceeded to say how Ronnie wanted to let his beautiful wife know how much he loved her and was enjoying this time with her. He proceeded to dedicate the song "Better Together" by Jack Johnson to us. Apparently Ronnie had asked for another song, but he didn't know it, but this song was perfect, and has now become our song also.

"...Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart
'Why are we here?' and, 'Where do we go?' and, 'How come we're so hard?'
It's not always easy and sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing it's always better when we're together...
...But I will still tell you one thing, we're better together"

2 comments:

Shy Little Violets said...

That's precious, Ronnie is a gem! Love the song.

Tamara Terrill said...

Awwww:)