June 10, 2010

Long Lost (better forgotten about) Nickname

I'm about to walk you down a memory lane, one I've tried to push down into the deep darkness of unwanted memories....because it makes me look like a ditz.

I turned 16 in December and could have run down to get my drivers license that day, but for some reason I knew that was a bad idea. After much prodding by not only my friends, who wanted another friend to chauffer them around, but also my Mom, who was probably tired of being my chauffer, I finally went down and got my license on Valentines Day. Yes almost two months later. I think I was too busy studying to be able to focus on driving (wink wink), but really we all know I just wasn't very observant.

My brother and his friends would torture me endlessly with taunting and teasing (because that's what little brothers and their friends do), but after I started driving they had plenty of material. You see I wrecked constantly it seems, and even though they weren't all my fault, because I wrecked frequently, I got teased about them all anyway.

Now I'm going to show my age...around the same time there was this great cartoon on, that everyone watched...DuckTales. And if you watched the cartoon you know what name my brother, his friends, and even one of the Dad's of some of the friends called me....


Launchpad
Yes, it was great (whats that new symbol for sarcasm). I was even in a restaurant once and the Dad (who shall remain nameless) yelled "Launchpad", and I looked! Not my greatest claim to fame.

I've tried to live that name and those wrecks down, but unfortunately this week, the ditz appeared again. I'm ok, very sore, and my car is going to be fine. But what is damaged the most is my ego, I don't want to be Launchpad anymore.

BTW...don't try to call me this...I will ignore you, and maybe even "unfriend" you.

No comments: