July 2, 2010

Summer Plans

Is it really July? Really?? I can't believe how fast time flys by. I was really hoping to slow down this summer, to spend more time enjoying my family and friends. Cherishing what is important, making memories that will linger for years to come. I've yet to even begin making plans to do anything of the sort, and I just don't know why. We haven't taken the boat out, we haven't even taken the top off the Blazer! It's like we haven't gotten into the summer groove, like we're waiting to be invited by some magical "summer fairy".
I want this summer to one the kids remember. Ethan is getting older, and pretty soon hanging out with his family is going to be more of a duty and obligation, rather then something he looks forward to. I remember being his age, you know the summer before 6th grade, the last "elementary" summer, wow, that was a fun summer. I want him to remember his the same. And this is Sophia's last summer before she starts school "full-time". Lots of changes are coming our way and I think it's really time for us to slow down and really enjoy this time together.
Here's a list of things I'm thinking of planning:
  • Camping trip with Ronnie and the kids
  • Lots of boating weekends
  • Trip to a good friends wedding....YAY~Sienna and Zack
  • Trip to my wonderful Grandma's "40th" birthday LOL...I won't spill the beans on her age!
  • A few days here and there with each of the kids on there own, for special days
  • Maybe a little trip for me and Ronnie in there somewhere, just the two of us (we deserve it)

Let me know if you have any other great ideas for me...I'm open to suggestions.

1 comment:

Darci said...

And....how about a day for girl friends! That sounds fun :)