March 28, 2008

Friday Favorites ~ His Needs, Her Needs

Any of you that know me, know how much I love my husband and you are certainly aware of his love for me. I’ve heard countless remarks about how great we are together and how wonderful he treats me. I appreciate that our love for each other is so apparent. I certainly know how lucky I am, but wait…is it really luck. Having a great marriage is not something that just “happens”; it takes a lot of work and dedication. And I believe that no matter how great it is, there is always room for improvement.
Last fall while I was “surfing” the net I came across the most amazing website,
http://www.marriagebuilders.com/. I am convinced that even the most perfect marriage would be helped by the information on this site. Dr Willard Harley is a psychologist that has brilliantly simplified what most of us tend to complicate, how to make a relationship work. Since finding this website Ronnie and I have read one book (His Needs, Her Needs for Parents) and are working on reading a second of his (His Needs, Her Needs, Building an Affair Proof Marriage). It’s as if a light goes on with each page you read and all the sudden it all seems much clearer. Now I know reading a love story is much more welcoming then reading a self-help book, but why read a love story when you can live your own love story?
I guess you could consider this my favorite website, favorite author, and my favorite books. So there, my first “Friday Favorites” and you get three for the price of one, and maybe even a better relationship.

You’re Welcome!

1 comment:

Shy Little Violets said...

WOW, i'm checking it out this minute.