March 31, 2008

Winter, winter, go away...

I officially have spring fever, and summer can’t get here fast enough. Maybe it’s because we have a new boat that I can’t wait to take out, maybe it’s that I’m excited for Ethan to start racing again, or it may be the mere thought of planting a garden and enjoying the flowers in my yard, but this winter has out stayed its welcome. The past couple weeks have been so nice, but this morning I awoke to snow and it was not a pleasant sight. I know you skiers out there are loving this, and I do love the idea that the more snow we get the more water will be in the lakes, but enough is enough. It was just yesterday I was admiring the beautiful daffodils that were starting to bloom in our yard, but today they are weeping under the weight of the snow. March did come in like a lamb, so this must be the lion roaring on our way out.

Does anyone remember the song we used to sing as children, “rain, rain, go away, come again another day”. Has anyone come up with a version for winter?

No comments: