September 12, 2008

Twilight books...yes I gave in!

So I get it…I’m probably the last person to read the Twilight Series books (besides my Mom). But I just have to write about them.

I wanted so badly not to follow the “in” crowd; I didn’t want to get sucked into the Twilight mania. And then it happened, I was trying to figure out a way to get Ethan to read more, and decided that maybe if he saw me reading more he’d somehow be persuaded to pick up a book more often. I decided I’d get the first book, that way he’d see me reading more, and I’d also be able to join the millions of conversation I heard on a daily basis about these books.


And that’s how my fascination began; I should have dug my heels in, never giving into that first temptation to pick up the book. I find myself anxious and excited to find out what will happen next to Bella and Edward. Now I can’t put them down. The writer of the series, Stephenie Meyer, is an amazing writer. The type that includes enough details so that you feel like you’re there, but not so much that you lose interest. I’ve since bought all four: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, & Breaking Dawn.
I’ve only gotten through the first two books (so please, if you see me, don’t tell me anything), but everyone says Eclipse is the best and that just so happens to be the 3rd in this series.


I’m so excited! I finished New Moon last night, and due to the neglect my husband has felt in the last week and a half (from the day I picked up the first book) I’ve promised him a date night tonight. So I won’t be able to start Eclipse until tomorrow.

So if any of you happen to have missed this phenomenon, please trust me. Don’t borrow the books, or check them out of the library, buy them. These are books you’ll read again and again, at least I will.

There was supposed to be a 5th book, Midnight Sun, which is a mirror of these books, but from Edward’s perspective. Unfortunately a copy of part of the manuscript was leaked online, and now Stephanie Meyer has put that book on hold, with the possibility of never finishing it. We, as fans, (see how I now group myself with Twilight enthusiasts) may never be blessed with another book in this wonderful series. I understand her not wanting to finish the book, but I hope she changes her mind.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I SO feel exactly like you. I absolutely LOVE LOVE these books. I am a twilight freak. I have been searching and searching for blog layouts to put on my blog. I did find a skin I like but I do not like the way it turned out. So still searching (that is how I found your blog). I cannot wait for the movie. The 21st can not get here soon enough. I feel bad for all the people that feel the books are not good and wont go past the first book. They are missing so much. anyhow, thanks for posting that great review of the books. I read all 4 in about 2 weeks (other things going on, or I would have finished all in a week-my dh felt neglected too-lol).
http://christy-richard.blogspot.com/