January 10, 2009

My Birthday

I think because of everything that has happened in the last few months, I decided I wanted to actually get people together for my birthday. I had given up on birthday "parties" for myself after I turned 21, really what was the point. It may have been a little self serving, after finding out you have a brain tumor, you start reflecting on your life and what's left of it. I just wanted to spend time with people I love and is there a better excuse then a birthday.


We went to dinner and we were able to get a private room where we talked, laughed, and enjoyed each others company.


Me and the love of my life


Tammy and Curtis. Yes, this is the Curtis that was in the motorcycle wreck. I feel very lucky to have had him come to my birthday dinner.

My Mom, Sophia, and Jess

My brother JD and his girlfriend Kenna

Some friends, Katie and Drew.


Ronnie's Mom, Sheila and her new husband, David

Ethan, Jakob, and my friend Sienna

My cousin Danielle, Uncle Bob, and Aunt Diann (yes, this is the Aunt that was with me when I had my seizure, God Bless her!)

It was a great night, spent with great company. I did get a little emotional, but hopefully everyone expected that. I hope they all know how much I care about them and appreciate the roll they all play in my life.

3 comments:

Shy Little Violets said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRAND! I can't believe about the seizure, how freaky. Wow, Sienna went dark in the hair.

Tamara Terrill said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like a great party!
Maybe this year I will have to rethink my dislike for my birthday...

Jackie said...

Hey! Happy Late Birthday! It looks like it was a good one.