January 22, 2009

The Best Neighbors

A neighbor of mine wrote a few days ago about how she lives on the best street with the best neighbors and I have to agree. While our neighborhood does do the big things for one another and we all come together to help out, it's the little things that are done out of pure kindness without the need for recognition or thanks that make our neighbors so wonderful.

It was garbage day yesterday, before I left for work I pulled the garbage and recycle cans down to the curb to be picked up. Last night when my ride dropped me off after work I realized someone had pulled them both up from the curb for me. I don't know who it was I'm sure it was someone who knew Ronnie was working and I'd have to do it when I got home. I'm sure it was one of those little things, the ones done out of kindness, without the need for a thank you or any recognition.

I hope whoever did it reads this blog, because this is the only way I'll be able to say thank you. And if you're reading this blog, and you know who did it, please make sure they know how grateful I am to have such great neighbors.

2 comments:

The Trenery's said...

I can't believe all of that happened to you! Are things okay now? I hope everything is! You can check out my blog... www.trenerys.blogspot.com My email address is... terstrenery@hotmail.com Leave me your phone number and Maybe we can all get together!

Tamara Terrill said...

Yeah for Quartz Hill!