March 9, 2009

In never fails...

Winter comes, the snow falls, followed by the shoveling of driveways and sidewalks and fishtailing cars on the streets, sore tushes from slipping and falling, and dozens of numb fingers and noses, and then just when we think we can’t take the winter anymore, spring arrives.
The sun starts shining, the blue sky emerges from behind the grey clouds and the tulips and daffodils start peaking up through the frozen soil. The excitement of the impending summer with all its joy overwhelms me to the point of spring fever, or possibly even spring madness. It’s been so nice for the past week or so, I’ve watched bulbs started to sprout; I’ve washed my car, swept out the garage and even took some time to sit on the porch to bask in the sun and read a book.
But just as fast as the excitement arrived, the disappointment follows. It never fails; Mother Nature must remind us who’s in charge. Today as I look out the window, watching the snow fall to the ground, I’m reminded that the weather is a jokester, taunting us, but ultimately bringing us back to reality from our premature daydreams of fun in the sun.

1 comment:

Tamara Terrill said...

Well said! As much as I love winter and all it brings, I look forward to spring!