August 29, 2008

Summer is coming to an End

I can’t believe summer is almost over, it seems like it just started. I haven’t had enough time in the warmth of the sun, in the dirt of my garden or in the wind from windows rolled down. But most of all I didn’t get enough time off to spend with my husband and kids. Next year will be different, I promise!
As Labor Day approaches I’m inclined to reminisce about what we did do this summer, and all those things we didn’t do. I truly enjoyed spending the time we did have together, as a family. Like I said in an earlier post, we’ve created memories that will last a lifetime. Our kids will always remember this summer as the summer we spent most of our weekends on the boat and the summer Nana & Grandpa got a pool in their backyard. The kids love the water, so having the ability to let them spend their summer being little fish is very gratifying. It’s been great; I don’t remember one that has been better. Hopefully it won’t end just yet.


But as we head towards the fall in all its colorful glory, I’m compelled to make some “winter resolutions”:
1. Work out more
2. Eat healthier
3. Recycle more, and buy more products from recycled materials
4. Read a lot more & watch a lot less TV
5. Stay organized

Wish me luck!

No comments: