February 15, 2009

1st Sewing Class

My Aunt Denise is great at almost everything. One thing that she is great at that most of us our jealous of is her sewing skills. She is an awesome seamstress. Whenever anyone needs something sewn, hemed, or mended (is that a word) we call her. She helped me fix clothes, helped me make the kids Halloween costumes, and she even made dresses for the girls in my wedding. She finally decided it was time for her to teach us to fend for ourselves. She put together a class, once a month, we can bring a project we need help with or she will do a monthly "theme" if you will. Last month was pillowcases. I made these cute Valentine pillowcases for Ronnie, they have red lips all over them.

Here are some pictures from our first class:
Look at me sewing away

Me, my cousin Stephanie, and my Aunt Eva

They trusted me with the surger!


My wonderful Aunt Denise, explaining how to cut fabric.



My Mom and Aunt Eva being dorks.... (Allie is in the background laughing at us all)

I can't wait to get to the point when I feel comfortable pulling out a sewing machine and whipping something up by myself.
Next month baby blanket, wish me luck!

No comments: