February 27, 2009

Another of my Favorite People Celebrating their Birthday

February is a busy birthday month for me. My mom’s birthday on the 19th, yesterday was my husband’s birthday, and today is my brother’s birthday, three of the most important people in my life celebrating their births within a week of each other.

My brother is turning 31 today, one day younger then my husband. Its funny how alike they are, but yet are still so different. Maybe it’s their astrological sign, but I’d like to believe that I sought out someone like my brother. You know the saying that you marry your “mother” or “father”, that you tend to seek out those that have similar characteristics of your parents, well, I believe because my father was so far away while I was growing up, JD was the “man” in my life, and therefore I sought out someone similar to him. What a great choice for me, I can’t imagine finding anyone better suited for me then Ronnie, and he’s the one I was looking for, thanks to my brother.

Growing up, JD used to drive me crazy with his teasing and joking, just like Ronnie does now. But I also remember so many loving wonderful times with my brother, and even though we were siblings and we fought A LOT, we sure loved and protected each other more then most. Today, on his birthday, I want to tell him Happy Birthday, but I also want to thank him for being such an important part of my life, for being a wonderful brother, an awesome uncle to my kids, and an amazing friend and confidante.
Happy Birthday Uncle D….we love you!

No comments: