June 6, 2008

Friday Favorites ~ perfume

It has been said that smells can evoke stong emotional reactions. Most of us have experienced the flood of memories and emotions that come with certain smells. For example, when I smell a certain face powder I get flooded with wonderful memories of my Grandma Lugo, when I smell leather gloves I'm reminded of my Grandpa and Grandma Casper and the horse stables they always had when I was growing up.

I really don't have any bad memories attached to smells, just happy times. Maybe that's why I love smells and perfume so much. I love the idea of someone being overwhelmed with happy memories of me as they walk past someone wearing a fragrance I've worn.

Here are some of my favorites:


Princess by Vera Wang

Created for the playful, unpredictable, independent woman who treats every day like an event and adventure. This is a woman who likes to make her own magic, this sheer, flirty blend of water lily, lady apple, mandarin meringue, and golden apricot skin are melded with sheer floral notes, accented with dark chocolate, and finished with a pink frosting accord, amber, warm woods, musk, and vanilla - a whimsical treat. (This is what I've been wearing lately)



Fantasy by Brittany Spears

A fragrance inspired by love's ability to overwhelm you when you least expect it. Fantasy is a captivating blend of ripe fruits, sweet cupcake accord, delicate flowers, creamy musk, orris root, and sensual woods. (Ronnie loves the cupcake smell)


Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger

The following notes are combined to create this floral perfume: On the top, black currant bud, apple, tangerine, mandarin, and spearmint. In the middle, heather, honeysuckle, violet, rose, magnolia, jasmine and lily, and on the bottom sandalwood and cedarwood.


Realm by Erox

Realm perfume - is a floral, oriental sweet perfume. Designed in 1993 as a refreshing, subtle fragrance. The composition of the top note is of mandarin, water lily and peony. The middle note consists of pheromone, honey and rose; the base of the fragrance is made of vanilla and cedar. Realm is the first perfume using human pheromone and is recommended for romantic use. (This is what I was wearing when I met Ronnie-good memories there)


Happy by Clinique

A chic, modern, multi-layered floral with sparkling, lingering fragrance of Ruby Red Grapefruit, Boysenberry Bush Flower and Hawaiian Wedding Flower



Angel By Thierry Mugler

Angel Is Classified As A Refreshing, Oriental, Woody Fragrance. This Feminine Scent Possesses A Blend Of Vanilla, Sandalwood, And Patchouli. Accompanied By Fruity Notes Of Fresh Citrus, Melons, Peaches, And Plums". The perfume is sold in crystal looking bottles that offer a variety of colors (purple, red, blue) and the descriptions for the Angel perfume is celestial with references to the stars. I love this scent, but it's totally my mom's fragrance. Ronnie won't kiss me when I'm wearing it, he says its like kissing my mom!

No comments: