May 23, 2008

Friday Favorites ~ Scentsy

There was a boy that went to elementary school with my brother and I that had scars from being burned by a candle when he was just a toddler. Quite a few years later a guy I worked with had his house catch fire from a candle his wife left burning in their kitchen.
I love the way candles make a room smell, but I’ve always been hesitant because of the danger that come with burning a flame, not to mention the smoke from the wick. But last month one of my coworkers introduced me to a great way to avoid these problems. She invited me to a Scentsy Party.
Scentsy is a company that makes “wickless candles”. The candles come in the form of a scented wax bar that you melt in a dish on top of a warmer. The warmer uses a very low watt bulb to heat the wax, instead of a flame. The wax bars come in dozens of different fragrances. Another great thing about these is that the wax is reusable. Once the wax is completely melted, if you choose, you can pour it back into the package it came in, store it in a cool place, and save it for use at another time. This way you can interchange fragrances without having to dispose of the wax.
They also have Room Sprays and “Car Candles”. The room sprays are fabulous, one spray and the room smells great for hours (blueberry cheesecake is my favorite). And the “Car Candles”, they are wonderful too, Ronnie loves the leather scent, he says it makes the car smell brand new.
If you love the smell of candles, but hate the danger and smoke that come with burning a flame, log onto
www.scentsy.com to find a sales rep in your area. Or you can just contact my favorite rep, Tracy at www.scentsy.com/tracyc or at 801-674-8876.
Happy Smelling!

2 comments:

Shy Little Violets said...

If you throw one, please invite me!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning me and my Scentsy stuff Brandy! It really is so much fun! :0)
You are so beautiful and I just love reading your stories & updates! One of these days I will start up a blog too! Maybe you should have a party Brandy...get some free Scentsy stuff! Melinda will come :0)
-Tracy